Effective communication skills: BASIC
- Basic communication skills for making the system work.
- Failures of managers is failures of organization
- Organizations need managers and administrators with basic communication skills.
- Success of organizations is success of effective communication of managers.
BASIC SKILLS NEEDED:
- 1. Interpersonal skills
- 2. Criticism handling skills
- 3. Conflict management skills
- 4. Assertive communication skill
- 5. Negotiation skills
- 6. Team communication skills
- 7. Gender communication skills
- 8. Telephone skills
- 9. Virtual Team skills
- 10. Social skills.
- Managers should have
a clear frame of reference
of customers and work.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS : TYPES OF STYLES :
- Closed style
- Blind style
- Hidden style
- Open style
They have two things in common
1.Feedback : facts, information, opinion.
2.Disclosure : Voluntarily sharing of opinion.
CHARACTERISTICS, STRENGTHS, WEAKNESS OF STYLES
CLOSED STYLE MANAGERS
- poor interpersonal skills
- Strength :when left to themselves
- Weakness : Unsocial, unresponsive, uncommunicative
BLIND STYLE MANAGERS
- low on feedback
- High on disclosure
- They know every thing.
- They are the best
- Over utilize disclosure
- Under utilize feedback
3Firm in opinion
HIDDEN STYLE MANAGERS
1Low on disclosure.
2High on Disclosure
3High on feedback
4keep their ears and eyes open to collect feedback.
5high on listening and feedback skill
Good at every organizing events.
4High speed interacts
1.Suspicious to others.
2.Do not contribute to production
4.Manipulation and double feedback.
OPEN STYLE MANAGERS
- 1. High feedback and disclosure
- Blessed with peoples skill
- Empathy , motivate, warm and personalised
- Bring lot of cheer
- Bring productivity
- Caring nature, so liked by all
- Flexible communication
- Trustworthy dependable
- Honest, sincere
- Natural leaders build
- Not trusted by blind superiors
- Wrong message
- Fast thinkers feel.
- Frustate with bureaucrats.
- Long lives of communication.
CRITICISM HANDLING EMPLOYEE SKILLS
1.no immediate criticism.
2Criticse one point at a time.
3.Point out one default at a time.
4.Elimination in accurate way.
5.Enter frame of refrence
6.Take care of self esteem and dignity of employees
7.Do not make judgement while criticize
8.Do not use negative word and negative zone
CONFLICT MANAGEMENT SKILLS
Managers require conflict handling skills at work place
1avoiding:confrontation does not yield results.
2.Accomodation :leads to better negotiation
3.Competing leads to disconted face subsequences
Compromising }both resolve conflicts
Be assertive: Directly address the issues to handle conflicts.
ASSERTIVE COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- Direct honest, compatheting
- Good listener.
- Positive for solution of conflict
- Win win situation
- Solving conflicts resulting gains
- Assess situation
- Find upto what level and how much assertion is required
- Adopt neuro linguistic program
- Neuro brain
- Linguistic language
- Programming computer
- Creates better understanding.
3.Term and conditions
Negotiation is the art of exchanging idea so their relations become favorable
Loose loose approach
Win Win approach
ASSERTIVE MANAGEMENT SKILLS
Direct honest competition.
Positive for solution of conflict
Win win situation
Solving conflicts resulting in gain
Find out upto what level and how much assertion is required.
About Neuro linguistic programming
Neuro : brain
Match minimum pacing
Creates better understanding
- Required for
- 1.Buisness proposal
- 3.Term and condition
- Negotiation is art of exchanging idea relations became favourable.
- Four approaches
- 1.Bargaining approach
- 2.Loose loose approach
- 3.Compromise approach
- 4.WIN WIN Approach
- Bargaining takes place when
1.Collaboration is not possible.
3.Each side examining issues from one side
4.Argument move towards polarization.
LOOSE LOOSE APPROACH
Causes damage to both parties.
Conflict is not resolved
It arises when
1.When negative mind set operates on both sides.
2.Unreasonable demands are rigidly put.
3One party blocks other party.
Both parties ignore need of one another.
7C’s of communication
- Strategy for effective communication
4.Dress and Hair style.
Be neat and tidy.
Short hair cuts and ladies tie hair or put bun.
Speech should be fluent without grammatical mistakes.
Good knowledge of English language.
- Dress style
- Avoid bright colours
- Blue/black trousers.
- Crease shirts
- Avoid strange hair styles.
- Do not cell phone
- Leather black shoes belt.
- Tips above mid belt.
- Do not fiddle with hair bite nails.
- Talk in polite manner
- How we eat, well dress.
- Talk is personal groom
- Business attire
- 2 piece, matching skills
- Black green bow,
- Long full sleeved shirt
- White and pastel finge
- Tailored pant suit
- Cleaned trimmed finger nails.
- No visible body piercing nails, nose rings, ear rings or tatoos
- Minimal or no perfume
- No bulging pocket
- Portfolio or briefcase.
- No candy chewing gums & cigrattees beepers
- Dark socks matching belts.
- Skin coloured clothes.
- Only wedding ring.
- Knew long shirt/individuals
- Low heal sandals
- Skin colour
- Minimal make up
- Do not carry purses
- Carry breifcase.